Tikki Hywood Foundation is seeking applications for a new position for our project in Cameroon.
1. Project Manager
Tikki Hywood Foundation signed an MOU with the Government of Cameroon in July 2021 for the rescue, rehabilitation and release of pangolin in Cameroon. The Government of Cameroon is committed to the confiscation of pangolin from illegal trade and bushmeat markets. THF is looking for a dynamic and experienced Project Manager who will be responsible to ensure the effective operational management of the centre, to provide strong leadership to the staff on the ground in Mefou and to represent and promote THF with all stakeholders.
KEY ATTRIBUTES: Experience working in Africa and fluent in English and French
The main roles and responsibilities of the role are:
- Develop and execute a centre strategy in accordance with the Partnership Agreement with the Government and Tikki Hywood Foundation (THF) objectives;
- Develop, revise and monitor implementation of protocols for rescue, rehabilitation and release;
- Develop and implement an annual activity plan and budget;
- Develop and implement plans for recovery and release of confiscated pangolin;
- Develop and maintain positive community, government (national and local), donor and other stakeholder relations;
- Ensure financial management processes and fiscal discipline is rigorously applied;
- Drive revenue generation through development of sustainable marketing and other commercial revenue streams;
- Ensure all park activities are conducted in accordance with THF policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Effectively meet its day-to-day operational requirements;
- Build a strong values-based team culture within the project;
- Provide accurate and meaningful reports to the Board, THF and other stakeholders as required.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English and in French;
- Experience in grant management, report and proposal writing would be an advantage;
- A post-graduate degree in biodiversity conservation or other related field of study is an advantage;
- Communications experience is an advantage;
- Strong capacity to manage time and competing priorities;
- Strong initiative, perseverance, and resilience;
- Willingness to live in a remote setting and with previous experience living in Africa;
- Good team player with experience working with multicultural teams.
Conservation and Other Field Operations:
- Provide field support to research partners, filming companies, and others. Be responsible for animal monitoring and tracking activities.
- Carry out any other relevant tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Management.
Academic Requirements, Experience and Attributes:
- Tertiary education in a field relevant to park administration, biodiversity management, conservation and wildlife
- Demonstrable experience in the following park management disciplines: technical (construction, mechanics, fence building & maintenance, water systems, solar, workshop management), conservation (game relocations, veterinary, conservation knowledge or training)
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills
- Experience of working in rural, remote and multi–cultural environment
To apply: Send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com